Sunday, November 13, 2022

Charlie's Pizza House

Charlie's Pizza House has been a staple of Yankton, SD for over 60 years but I had yet to try it. It came to my home town of Sioux Falls, SD within the last year and on Friday I finally got to see what all the hype was about. I've had friends and co-workers rant and rave about this place saying it is the best pizza they have ever had. I pulled up to Charlie's around 11:30 AM on Friday and this place was buzzing.
After a short wait I was able to get a table with my wife and immediately ordered a tall Coors Light with olives, you know me, it's my go to. After perusing the menue and all of the different options (there was many!), I stuck with a class and ordered a large pepperoni. It was an expensive pie at over $30 but it was pretty massive. It came out pretty well done which is how I like my pie. The sauce had great taste, a little tangy and the pepperoni was delicious. I like the underside of my pie more well done so not sure if that was an oven issue or just how they make it. It was very greasy which I also did not like but the taste helped to make up for it. Overall, it was a pretty solid pie and a great dining experience. I give the pie a 7.6 and the overall experience a 7.9, highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chef Lance's on Phillips

Chef Lance's on Phillips is a restaurant that has been on my hit-list for a while now and my wife and I finally got the opportunity to t...